Cousin Brother’s Marriage-(My 1st bunk)


We left for Gwalior on morning of 28th may. Reached there at around 4pm. After meeting the relatives, we went to the hotel, where I took a long nap. In the evening we left for the marriage and by the time we reached there, the “barat” had already left the house. I joined my relatives in the dance. There were two of my cousins along with 2 nephews and one niece. We all belonged to the same age group. I and Akshat Bhaiya, danced madly and continued dancing even after reaching the place for marriage. We were all sweat and ran for water.

After the “Jaymala” I realized that I am going to get bore here. Another cousin of mine (Shekhoo)  came up with an idea of going for a movie. The plan involved my Dad, bhaiya, bhabhi, my niece and me. We all decided that we were gonna bunk this marriage and watch the movie, “Prince of Persia”.

When we were leaving the marriage place, we were caught by my uncle and aunty, but my brother dealt with the situation by pretending that we came to get the gift from the car. We ran away from there as soon as they removed their eyes from us. Bhabhi and my niece went to bhaiya’s place to change and I went to the city walk mall with Bhaiya to buy the tickets. We were continuously making calls to each other to track the status. Soon it looked like we will be able to watch the movie and will loose 5min of it at most. I and bhaiya, stood near the entrance of Fun Cinemas and waited for others to come. They came running and we all jumped on to our seats. The movie was awesome as it had perfect storyline, humor, casting and acting. We all enjoyed a lot and went to bhaiya’s place. Then we called Akshat bhaiya who were still at the marriage place and inquired about the status there. We felt sad to know that none of the events took place after we left and we were still suppose to attend the rest of the events.

We went back to the marriage place, I and Bhaiya had to bring our aunt from the house so we drove back. The rest of us had to face the wrath of my cousin sister. She was very angry as all of us left for 3 hours without telling anyone. But it was worth it. We all were passing naughty smiles to each other when people asked about our whereabouts. Later, all of us again left the place in search for the ice-cream. This time it was my nephew instead of my Dad. We roamed around the railway station and a few other places but couldn’t find any ice-creams. We came back empty handed but we enjoyed the ride. The rest of the night was spent talking and stuff.

After putting the goods at home I went to railway station to see off my relatives. The time went away very fast while we were enjoying our talks and soon it was time for their train to come.


Even though I didn’t had much time to enjoy with my relatives, bunking the marriage thing was unparalleled. It was the first time in my life that I did this.

It was nice meeting the family members and I would like to stay in touch with all of them.